LAMTrip is an online service that provides recommendations for hotels, resorts, inns, vacations, travel packages, travel guides and lots more.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services. Before submitting your personal information to us, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting LAMTrip’s website, lamtrip.com, or in connection with other sites or services, you are accepting the practices described here in.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from LAMTrip and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post travel reviews, email LAMTrip content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and travel planning content, and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit LAMTrip. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
- To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and Apps and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your Choices for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
How we use your information
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of a vacation rental, or listed your vacation rental property, we will send you email messages at the email address you provide to us.
Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting the Account page on the LAMTrip Website. You can close your LAMTrip account by contacting us using this form. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on LAMTrip.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above. If you decide to close your LAMTrip account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view. Please note, however, that we may retain in our files some information associated with your account purposes including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations, and compliance with legal requirements.
- As a registered LAMTrip member, you can modify your email subscription choices at any time on the Member Profile page. Whether registered as a LAMTrip member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your LAMTrip account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from LAMTrip, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using LAMTrip, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
LAMTrip is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
©2016 LAMTrip LLC. All rights reserved.